Social media is the most significant platform when it comes to marketing your products online. Facebook alone has 2.2 billion users who use the site on a monthly basis. Other notable websites include Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram among others. Taking advantage of the marketing opportunities that these websites offer is a challenging task.
For example, will you create a strategy for every social media platform? What kind of workforce would you need to do that? How much will you use for each approach? These are difficult questions for online marketers. Fortunately, the solution lies in Key Opinion Leaders, abbreviated as KOL. You can focus on a single strategy concentrating on them as opposed to creating several ones that you have to implement personally on every site.
Spending on KOL is an excellent idea because of the following reasons.
– They already have a base that listens to them.
Opinion leaders on social media have followers who respect them. Some followers will even try something they have reservations about because their opinion leader asked them to try it. This loyal fan base is what businesses require especially startups. They will jump-start your project. Other buyers will follow suit as soon as they see that the product is moving at a fast rate. This momentum will help you secure additional funding for your business because investors will see that the uptake of your product is quick and consistent.
– They have an integrated social media strategy.
Key opinion leaders employ various strategies to stay at the top of their game. For example, they have a consistent presence on the dominant social media platforms with a considerable following in each one of them. That means you can reach people on the most important social media platforms if you invest in KOL. That saves you the trouble of having several experts working on each social media platform. It also helps you to focus your effort on creating the perfect brand message in addition to concentrating on product innovation.
How to Decipher Between Real and Fake Followers
Unfortunately, many people have fake followers online. That means you will invest in someone believing that the person is a key opinion leader only to find out that the individual is a fraudster. You have to spend your money wisely as an entrepreneur. Focus on KOL who have real followers so that your money does not go down the drain.
You can tell that a person has fake followers if you follow these tips.
– Sample a couple of followers. If most of them have few pictures and no activity, then it is likely that the individual has fake followers on his account.
– Are the followers engaging the person in question? Imagine individuals with two thousand followers on Instagram, and no one likes their pictures. The chances are high that their accounts are full of fake followers.
– Check the comments on their posts, photos, or videos. If these comments are full of promotional items, then it is likely that their followers are bots.
– You can also use specialized software that detects fake followers on social media.
These tips will help you when it comes to investing in the right person. Remember, spending your money on KOL is a brilliant strategy for your internet marketing campaign as long as you invest in the right people.